Nurse Residency Program
Begin Your Nursing Career with Williamson Health
The Nurse Residency Program at Williamson Health is designed to support your transition as a new graduate nurse to the bedside nursing practice. The education and support you receive will help you continue to develop your skills while using research-based evidence linked to positive outcomes.
The 12-month program offers a recruitment bonus structure from the date of entry into the nurse residency program as follows:
- Successful completion of six (6) months in the program, $1,000 less applicable taxes
- Successful completion of one (1) year in the program, $2,000 less applicable taxes
- Successful completion of two (2) years in the program, $3,000 less applicable taxes
“It has been a great experience working here, and I try to make sure that new employees have the same experience here! I always enjoy having the opportunity to mentor and be a resource to new employees and make them feel at ease.”
Nurse Residency Program Details
In your first year, the program design aims for you to:
- Build on your skills related to clinical judgment and performance.
- Provide clinical nursing leadership at the point of care.
- Strengthen your commitment to nursing as a professional career choice.
- Create an individual development plan for your new clinical role.
- Provide care using research-based evidence linked to positive outcomes.
The program curriculum provides an array of learning opportunities with skill development.
- Classroom orientation training
- Rotation to ancillary departments
- Individualized three-month preceptorship
- Learning experiences to help the new nurse develop crucial skills related to their area of practice
The Nurse Residency Program is usually offered 2-3 times per year.
- Fall (if available)
Eligibility to apply to the program requires meeting one of the following:
- A nursing student with an expected graduation date in the semester immediately prior to the start of the Nurse Resident Program.
- A nursing school graduate with less than one year of nursing experience.
- It is recommended to apply at the beginning of the last semester before graduation.
- Applications are accepted continuously on the Williamson Health careers page.
- Panel interviews are conducted for the selection process.