Emergency Medical Services
Fast, exceptional emergency care anywhere in your community
In an emergency, every second matters. With 200 dedicated EMS personnel operating 18 ambulances, you’ll get world-class, comprehensive care faster with Williamson Health’s emergency medical services – no matter where you are in Williamson County.
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately.
"I don’t think I could’ve received better care on an ambulance or in an ER.”
Williamson Health EMS
Williamson Health serves as the lead 911 Emergency Medical Services (EMS) provider for all of Williamson County, employing nearly 200 personnel and operating 18 advanced life support ambulances 365 days a year from 17 stations strategically located across the county.
As a fully integrated component of the county’s collaborative emergency response system, the Williamson Health EMS organization works closely with all public safety entities in this community including fire, law enforcement, emergency management, and the 911 communications center.
In its more than 50 years of emergency medical services to our community, Williamson Health has invested heavily in developing a robust system of care rooted in commitments to high-quality patient care, advanced training and technological innovations – all of which work together to provide exceptional care, safety and response times.
- One of the things that sets Williamson Health EMS apart is our intentional efforts to create an organization with advanced care staff: 1/3 of the staff are Advanced EMTs, a 1/3 of the staff are Paramedics and a 1/3 of the staff are Critical Care Paramedics.
- Our EMS is the first and only 911 ground EMS provider in the state approved by the Tennessee Department of Health EMS Board to carry and administer blood products in the field. Furthermore, we are one of only seven organizations in the entire U.S. authorized to give blood to patients before arrival at the hospital.
- All Williamson Health ambulances are equipped with the Lucas Device, an automated CPR technology that assists with continuous chest compressions throughout the duration of providing care to patients experiencing cardiac arrest.
- As part of our integrated technology system, our EMS staff are able to transmit EKGs from the field to the Williamson Medical Center Emergency Department which activates the cardiology team to prepare the catheterization lab ahead of the patient's arrival at the ED saving precious time during a heart attack.
- The Williamson Health EMS organization supports the county’s emergency preparedness efforts by way of its Mass Casualty AmbuBus available to transport large numbers of patients/residents in the event of a mass casualty or evacuation event and providing the coordination of Ambulance Strike Teams from TN EMS Regional Five.
- We also provide EMS services for large events within the community including but not limited to high school football games and events such as the Main Street Festival, Franklin Rodeo and Pilgrimage Music & Cultural Festival.
- Five-time recipient of the annual “Star of Life” award for Tennessee EMS Region Five
- Multi-year recipient of the American Heart Association: Mission Lifeline Recognition
- Named the Tennessee Ambulance Service Association 2020 ALS (Advanced Life Support) Service of the Year
We're proud to have served Williamson County with emergency medical services for more than 50 years! In that time, we have been able to increase the level of technology and patient care. Our goal is to have an average response time of 8:59 or less to provide fast exceptional care.
Williamson Health EMS received the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® EMS Silver Plus Level Recognition Award for implementing quality improvement measures for the treatment of patients who experience severe heart attacks.
Williamson Health EMS is also the first and only 911 ground EMS provider in the state approved by the Tennessee Department of Health EMS Board to carry and administer blood products in the field. Furthermore, Williamson Health EMS is one of only seven across the country authorized to give blood to patients before arrival at the hospital.
The LUCAS 3 Chest Compression System helps Williamson Health EMS teams to save more lives by providing high-quality chest compressions for patients in cardiac arrest. In short, it's a game-changer when it comes to your care.