Nationally accredited cancer care close to home
At Williamson Health’s award-winning hospital, Williamson Medical Center, we offer a variety of preventative, diagnostic, treatment, survivorship and supportive services with a multidisciplinary approach to exceptional, patient-focused care.
World-Class Standards for
Most Types of Cancer
For the last decade, Williamson Medical Center has maintained an accreditation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer. This national certificate is only awarded to facilities that are committed to the highest standard of cancer care who voluntarily submit to rigorous evaluation and take a multidisciplinary approach to care.
All these years later I'm still convinced Dr. Baskin and her crew are the very best. I cannot imagine getting higher quality care from a more caring staff anywhere in the country! It feels good to have confidence that they'll always take good care of me.
What makes Williamson Health’s cancer care unique?
A collaborative approach: Physicians across disciplines on the cancer care continuum – cancer surgeons, radiologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, hematologists and others – work together on treatment options, current evidence-based guidelines and clinical trial options.
Community-focused care: We’re committed to these efforts as we provide cancer care for Williamson County:
- Providing cancer screenings, community and worksite seminars, educational classes and support groups in our area – many of which are free.
- Attendance by physicians and staff at bi-weekly, multi-disciplinary cancer conferences to discuss patient care, treatment and outcomes.
- Maintaining a cancer registry and reporting all cancer cases diagnosed at our facility to the National Cancer Database, which allows us to identify cancer disparities in our community as well as manage and improve patient care and services.
- Providing dedicated oncology navigators to guide patients and families throughout treatment.
Accredited Cancer Care
Find an Oncologist
Cancer Screening Guidelines
- Colorectal Cancer
For men and women at average risk, screening should begin at age 45. Click here for more information.
- American Cancer Society®
Leading cancer-fighting organization with a vision to end cancer through advocacy, research and patient support.
National organization providing free, professional support services including resource navigation, counseling, support groups, educational workshops, publications and financial assistance to anyone affected by cancer.
- CFAC / Cancer Financial Assistance Coalition
A coalition of organizations helping cancer patients manage their financial challenges.
- Gilda’s Club Middle Tennessee
Offering support, education and hope to all people impacted by cancer.
- Lung Cancer: What You Need to Know
- National Cancer Institute
Principal federal agency for cancer research and training.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network®
Expert information presented in plain language to empower people with cancer.
- Survivor Sisters at Williamson Medical Center
Local support group for women undergoing treatment for cancer and for cancer survivors. Since 2007, the Survivor Sisters Program has provided comfort and encouragement to hundreds of women who have battled breast cancer. Every other month, this women-only group meets at a different restaurant in the Franklin area to get together with fellow survivors whether recently diagnosed to those who have been cancer free for many years. Contact group coordinator, Linda Mora at (615) 599-4415.
- Tennessee Breast Cancer Coalition
Advocating and providing for Tennesseans facing breast cancer through individual assistance, education and legislative action.
- Triage Cancer
National, nonprofit organization that provides free education on the legal and practical issues that may impact individuals diagnosed with cancer and their caregivers, through events, materials and resources.
- Turner-Dugas Breast Health Center
Providing the region’s most comprehensive breast health services and offering a national award-winning program for preventing, diagnosing and treating virtually any breast health issue. Everything you need is handled completely and compassionately in one convenient location.